History |
The building was constructed c. 1925. Not shown on 1918 Sanborn but visible
on 1927 and 1940 aerial photo.
In the mid-20th century, this building served as a bar, restaurant, and an
A&P grocery store. It was then renovated for living quarters for two
families and then a beauty parlor.
James Mack purchased the building on 10/18/1961 and operated Jimmy Mack's
Barber Shop here until 2011. Before opening the shop, Mack had worked as a
barber for his uncle on Witherspoon Street. |