History |
The northeast part of the building was constructed in 1917 to serve as the
Colored YMCA to replace an earlier building that burned. The "Y" provided
recreational and educational activities such as summer Bible school,
sports, classes, and community events. In addition to the churches, the
YMCA was the focal point of the Black community. In 1938- 39, the original
building was replaced to this present building which has been renovated and
expanded and is now the Arts Council of Princeton. |